Professional Development Workshop on ODC-SCI Availble for Viewing
The Society for Neuroscience has posted the presentation for ODC-SCI’s Professional Development Workshop: Fair Data, Metadata and Data Sharing in Neurotrauma. Please read below for the description of the event from the SfN website. We have also listed the chapters of the workshop below.
"The National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other funding bodies have recently focused on increasing sharing, publication, and citation of research data and metadata to improve scholarly communication, reproducibility, and translation. Major journals are responding by demanding that data and metadata underlying publications be made available in public repositories for reuse to fuel novel discoveries from pooled information. This Neuroscience 2017 committee shares the progress toward achieving these goals using traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury as illustrating examples."
Please follow the link to find a playlist of the following videos:
- The NIH/NINDS and Data Sharing; Recent History, Current Resources, Future Directions, presented by Lyn Jakeman, PhD
- Minimum Information About a Spinal Cord Injury Experiment, presented by Vance Lemmon, PhD
- Open Data Commons for Preclinical Data Sharing in Spinal Cord Injury by Karim Fouad, PhD
- FAIR and the Neuroscience Information Network, Maryann Martone , PhD
- State of Data Sharing in TBI: An NINDS Perspective, Patrick Bellgowan, PhD
- Operation Brain Injury Therapy: OBTT and Preclinical TBI sharing in FITBIR, C. Edward Dixon, PhD